If you’re currently in a slow slump; not getting enough leads resulting in no new customers, then listen up.
Small business owners, particularly contractors like yourself, wear many hats— working multiple positions and running many tasks simultaneously, which can be the main reason as to why you don’t have a marketing plan carved out already.
Many of you have put in the time, energy, and money into marketing but saw no difference in cash flow.
Small business owners state the following as their biggest hurdle for getting results from their marketing efforts:
- The economy is slow
- Lack a marketing budget
- Lack knowledge of marketing
- Don’t have the time
- Are confused by the (sometimes) conflicting information out there
These are valid reasons as to why you don’t have a great marketing plan, but it doesn’t mean that’s the end all be all. It doesn’t have to be hard. You can create a marketing plan that attracts clients even in the toughest of times.
The secret to making marketing easy is to:
- Immerse yourself in your customers world— try to put yourself in their shoes so you get the message across most effectively.
- Uncover your customers pains, struggles, worries and concerns to leverage your unique ways to assisting these people.
- Find out where your potential customers hang out (on and offline) so that you can find the right channels to get your message across. (Grocery store bulletins, Sports centre entrance ways, on Facebook, on Linked In, at home looking at flyers and newspapers, etc.)
- Learn to test and measure so that you know where to apply your marketing budget. (Everything is trial and error at first, and that’s okay!)
Take the time to discover your ideal market— learn the systems and methods that will get you more clients, higher profits, and time for life outside your business. Knowing your marketing problems and seeking out solutions is the first step to achieving success!
If you need help with your marketing and getting more leads, then click here have a chat with us.